- have a passion for education equality?
- believe in the power of young people to change the world?
- enjoy navigating unforeseen challenges?
- consider yourself an incredibly creative thinker?
- consider yourself outgoing & a “people-person”?
- have an unshakable thirst to be at the heart of social change?
- love to talk about things that interest you & share your ideas with others?
- think that more people should join in Building Tomorrow?
Answer yes to the questions above? Keep reading!
perks of being an ambassador
- create something big to impact thousands of lives
- gain real-world experience
- develop your leadership skills
- gain experience in the non-profit sector
- connect with like-minded peers all over the US
- make a tangible difference
None of what we do would be possible without the support of people like you.
In short? We need your help to spread the word to as many people as possible so we can continue doing what we do best: building schools for children around the world with a desire to learn and no place to do so. The best part? You can be most effective by working from, you guessed it, right on campus!
learn more & apply online!
Uganda-based Engineer in Residence (1 full-time)
US-based Partnership Development interns (2 part-time)
US-based Storytelling interns (2 part-time)
Engineer in Residence overview
Over the past year, BT has devoted significant time, energy and resources towards streamlining and scaling our construction efforts in Uganda. Our Engineer in Residence has overseen this process to-date; aided by our “BT Blueprint” – a literal “how-to” guide for our work in Uganda.
Apply to be our next Engineer in Residence!
BT’s Engineer in Residence will:
- approve future BT academy building site designs
- ensure structural integrity as a top priority
- set and adhering to individual construction timelines
- make weekly visits to all active construction sites
- approve completion of contracted work
- coordinate construction teams & volunteers across multiple build sites
- implement community construction training programs
- delegate specific work-site management tasks
- maintain detailed budgets & overseeing purchase & delivery of materials
- provide daily construction updates & photos
Building Tomorrow is seeking motivated college students to serve as part-time interns in our Indy-based office during the fall semester.
Partnership Development interns will assist the Millennial Motivator in developing strategic partnerships to increase Building Tomorrow’s reach on college campuses.
Storytelling interns will bring to the table fresh ideas to help us share our work through a variety of media platforms. Storytelling interns will work together to create compelling visual content for Building Tomorrow to share with college chapters, current and potential donors, and supporters.
Internships are 12 weeks long (15 hrs/week) and begin in September.
Building Tomorrow believes that creativity, innovation, and learning require idea sharing and collaborative environments. To facilitate collaboration, Building Tomorrow employs a unique internship model called a paired internship program. Within the construct of the paired internship program, two part-time interns are hired for each intern project. Intern pairs will work together to generate innovative ideas and complete assigned projects.
Partnership Development interns will, among other duties:
- Research potential philanthropic and university based partnerships
- Draft outreach material for new potential partners
- Reach out to potential on-campus partners
- Attend over the phone meetings with the Millennial Motivator and potential partners
Storytelling interns will, among other duties:
- Research effective storytelling campaigns used in the nonprofit sector
- Meet one-on-one with BT team members to gather information and document stories
- Use a variety of multi-media platforms to create engaging content such as virtual or print story books, a short video series, presentations, blog posts
(we want you to use your imagination, our goal is to document stories that we have not had the chance to tell)
- Create content to be shared on social media outlets including BT’s YouTube page