- have a passion for education equality?
- believe in the power of young people to change the world?
- enjoy navigating unforeseen challenges?
- consider yourself an incredibly creative thinker?
- consider yourself outgoing & a “people-person”?
- have an unshakable thirst to be at the heart of social change?
- love to talk about things that interest you & share your ideas with others?
- think that more people should join in Building Tomorrow?
Answer yes to the questions above? Keep reading!
perks of being an ambassador
- create something big to impact thousands of lives
- gain real-world experience
- develop your leadership skills
- gain experience in the non-profit sector
- connect with like-minded peers all over the US
- make a tangible difference
None of what we do would be possible without the support of people like you.
In short? We need your help to spread the word to as many people as possible so we can continue doing what we do best: building schools for children around the world with a desire to learn and no place to do so. The best part? You can be most effective by working from, you guessed it, right on campus!
learn more & apply online!
1 millennial motivator – full-time – (Indianapolis)
millennial motivator overview
Building Tomorrow invites interested individuals to apply for our USA-based Millennial Motivator position. This position will afford the chosen applicant with the opportunity to engage and empower young leaders in providing access to quality education in East Africa as Building Tomorrow’s expert on Millennial engagement and support the general operations of the Building Tomorrow office. Our ideal candidate has at least 3-5 years experience working closely with Millennials, possesses excellent writing skills, communicates clearly, is a self-starter, has energy and passion for our mission and looks forward to growing Building Tomorrow’s impact.
general responsibilities include
Creating and supporting a network of Millennials committed to Building Tomorrow
- Supporting current chapters and sponsoring organizations to raise $250k+ per academic year
- Developing partnerships with new supporting groups, giving circle and school-based chapters
- Tracking and maintaining a network of Millennials connected to Building Tomorrow
- Finding outside support for student efforts from matching sources
Building an engaged community through social media, online networking and other means
- Developing and executing integrated content plan for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Building Tomorrow’s blog
- Supporting the organization’s growing online marketing efforts
- Utilizing social media to gather student contacts and maintaining alumni network
- Soliciting content for social media from Building Tomorrow staff in USA & Uganda
Fostering in-person connections between Building Tomorrow staff, students and Millennials
- Organizing an annual conference for Building Tomorrow millennial-aged supporters
- Providing opportunities for student leaders to meet others via conferences and gatherings
- Facilitating a Building Tomorrow Uganda staff member visit to the USA each spring
- Connecting with Building Tomorrow alumni and enlisting their support of current efforts
Overseeing Building Tomorrow’s in-office internship program
- Recruiting applicants for summer, spring and fall interns
- Crafting the internship experience to provide mutual benefit for organization and interns
- Developing interns projects in conjunction with other Building Tomorrow staff
- Maintaining a connection with interns after their time at Building Tomorrow
Other duties as assigned
we want you to apply if…
- You have experience of successfully working alongside a team of diverse individuals
- You have a passion for education equality and believe in empowering young people
- You’re a self-starter and committed to the greater good
- You enjoy navigating unforeseen challenges
- You’re an incredibly creative thinker
- You’re an exceptional team player with a great work ethic
- You have an unquenchable thirst to be at the heart of social change
- You wish to put your talents, passion and skills to work for Building Tomorrow
criteria to be met…
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Be willing and able to travel domestically and to Uganda on occasion to visit Building Tomorrow’s in-country operations
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate unwavering attention to detail and high levels of organization
- Able to juggle several demanding tasks at one time
- Command of Microsoft Office, social media suite software. Able to learn DonorPerfect, Adobe Creative Suite and others as necessary.
- Be generous with your time, demonstrating flexibility
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Health insurance and a 403(b) retirement savings plan will be included. This position is based in Indianapolis, IN. The Millennial Motivator will report to Building Tomorrow’s Chief Dreamer.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled at which point this listing will no longer be viewable on our website at www.buildingtomorrow.org. In order to apply, please send a cover letter, resume, contact information for three references, salary requirement and a writing sample to email@example.com. Please ensure your application materials clearly state your name in the footer on all pages. If someone referred you to apply for this position, please provide their name at the bottom of the reference page.