A School Day in Uganda
August 30, 2011
While our students in Uganda are currently on break and won’t be back in school until September 15th, we thought you might like to take a look at what a typical day looks like for them. Stumbled across this photo in our archives this morning: a daily schedule of classes for our 5th, 6th and 7th graders.
- Students assemble at 8:10am
- Three 40 minute class periods from 8:30 to 10:30am
- 30 minute break until 11am
- Three more class periods from 11am to 1pm
- Lunch from 1 to 2pm
- Two class periods from 2 to 3:30pm
- End the day with fun & games from 3:30 to 4:30pm
Classes include: science, english, math, literacy, social studies and electives (music, dance & drama, PE or arts & technology).
How did or do your 5th-7th grade classes compare?